Feedback on my DP website

David Hines

• 2 weeks later...

I would replace the banner image of the stars with a really nice still from your work.

Also the "Go To Links" are not working for me, I assume that these are to play the examples you have listed. I would also change it to "Play" rather then "go to link"

Hope this is helpful.

• Premium Member

The design is probably better than mine:

http://www.davidmullenasc.com

I just use a Rapidweaver template, it's very easy to use and update but limited in terms of fonts, design, layout.

I've noticed that every artist these days likes the white Apple Store-like background, but I've always preferred to see film frames and video against a dark background.

• Premium Member

I've noticed that every artist these days likes the white Apple Store-like background, but I've always preferred to see film frames and video against a dark background.

100% agree. It just pops more. Imagine if the walls around a movie theater screen were painted white.

I'm not a huge fan of the white background either, I think that was just a reaction on my part to the overly dark design that I had prior to this one. I'm still in the process of tinkering with it in an effort to have the web design take a backseat to the content. The wix.com editor has some pretty decent features, but it gets in it's own way some times; in retrospect, I probably would have gone with a hosting service that allows more freedom in content creation, but for now, it works.

Thanks for all the feedback guys!