Freya's Fantasy Grip Truck

Freya Black

What's really eyebrow-raising is the just staggering amount of stuff that actually comes in that truck.

Thanks for pointing that out! I looked at both the 1K truck and the 5K truck. It was a bit of a surprise for me in terms of some of the stuff missing from the 1K.

I wonder why they carry the following tho:

Bicycle pump

Tennis Balls (are they cut in half?)

Show card (what is it?)

Various bits of wood!

Can anyone explain this stuff to me?

Freya

Tennis balls to put on the feet of stands so they don't mark up floors. Just cut a slit in the tennis ball, slip over feet.

Bicycle pump: to air up the pneumatic tires on carts- that will be holding yer grip stuff.

Show Card: Poster board material- either Black/White, Hard silver/White, Soft Silver/White.

Various bits o' wood: used for anything that needs it :) level a stand, put under a clamp to make the surface area bigger, screw a baby wall plate to it, etc. etc.

• Upvote 1

Hi Frya,

I have my Fantasy-Truck just parked in my garage, loaded with odds and strange bits and ofcourse the usual suspects (tracks/ dolly/ rostrums/ scaffolding/ speedrail

- Inside are frames and overheads in the odd sizes: 4*8ft, 10*12ft, 12*20ft with some silks and gridcloth. Most of the time you need them standing: the tops are mostly only catching wind : - )

- Inside also the black-wear: ninja-shirt, black gloves, also black hairspray to block the flares of shining equipment, and some very clean black velvet in 4*4ft

For sure there is the TwinDolly with 18ft of Twintubes, breaking down in 2, 3, 4, 8ft sections. The in between a slider and a dolly with seamless extendable tracks.

Then also as a 'always-come-in-handy' TrackJacks

Already mentioned are the appleboxes. I do prefer the nested appleboxes with holes in them: small storage, in one hand 4 appleboxes in 8 heights.

Another easy gadget: wooden plate with holes and a wallplate which fits into a ceiling-system. Holes are to be used for additional rigging or the powercable's.

Small mirror (1*1ft-or smaller) comes in handy for aligning the camera fully square to the subject. Also comes in handy for highlighting.

and much more useless gear (says my wife : - )

Good luck,

Onno

• Upvote 1

I prefer these for protecting people from pointy things like C stand arms: http://www.dhcsupplies.com/store/c/77-Rebar-Caps.html Shouldn't have to put anything on the feet of your stands if their in good shape, If you're nervous about scraping a wood or tile floor, a piece of gaff tape on the feet is sufficient.

I prefer these for protecting people from pointy things like C stand arms: http://www.dhcsupplies.com/store/c/77-Rebar-Caps.html Shouldn't have to put anything on the feet of your stands if their in good shape, If you're nervous about scraping a wood or tile floor, a piece of gaff tape on the feet is sufficient.

Some locations will specify having either rubber matting, crutch tips or tennis balls to protect their floors as a condition of the permit, so it's always worth having something on the truck.

Some locations will specify having either rubber matting, crutch tips or tennis balls to protect their floors as a condition of the permit, so it's always worth having something on the truck.

Fine. Since that requirement is known prior, I'd rather have rubber mats. Cheaper than crutch tips and double duty: protect floors; insulate HMI ballast from wet ground, flammable debris, etc.

Duvetyn or commando cloth instead of velvet. It's a grip truck not a jewelry store.

Two or three enormous Hollywood movies a year.

But seriously, chunks of carpet. Or vinyl flooring, or carpet tiles. They work. Bit heavy.

You're living in the wrong place. Over here you'd be able to equip a feature (at least the expendables) on discards from other shoots.