Pan X processed as neg. example

Simon Lucas

This was processed as a negative, right?

Are you just going to be doing a bunch of film stock and processing tests? Because that's cool. I'm into it!

Yes, neg because it's an easier process and I was never happy with the results I got from reversal processing.

And yes I'm doing a series of tests with the developers I have. I'm going to keep at it until I have one or two workable options for my filming. But not too many as it is a distraction from filming!

I also thought it would be useful here for people to see the look they can achieve in Soper 8.

The results I get are overall quite flat and need post-processing, which here, I am doing in photoshop from RAW files. So, now I have decided to pursue some d19 or equivalent to get a contrast boost.

But I will also try another HC110 and post that.

Edited by Simon Lucas

Super cool, keep posting. If it helps, here are a bunch of films I processed and scanned with my DIY setup. The scanning setup was/is still a work in progress, so the scans tend to get better the newer they are. And everything is processed as a neg either in D-76 or caffenol-c (they should all have information in the details on youtube)

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL6E414828ACB06EE9

Super cool, keep posting. If it helps, here are a bunch of films I processed and scanned with my DIY setup. The scanning setup was/is still a work in progress, so the scans tend to get better the newer they are. And everything is processed as a neg either in D-76 or caffenol-c (they should all have information in the details on youtube)

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL6E414828ACB06EE9

Josh, thanks for posting your work. I'll be interested to check the D76 processed film.

Here's the next. Same part of the strip as before in HC110. At 7m.

I'm not sure if this end of the strip is focused. I had this focussed using the Nizo's split focus screen. But when I measured the focus distance, it seemed to be 6" out. The other end of the strip has some shots focused using the actual distance measurements, so I'll get that processed tomorrow.

The HC110 does nothing much for me over the APH09, and is no improvement in contrast. If anything this is flatter.

Can be opened up to full 2500 pixels width.

panX-80asa-HC110B-7m.jpg

Edited by Simon Lucas

• 2 weeks later...