Cinematography school

Nancy wassef

Hi every one , I am new here and I need your help , I have batchler degree in interior design and I want to study cinematography , i don't know a lot about the schools here because I just immigrate to USA , Ii need your recommendations for good school and not very expensive I live in newjersy but I can go to NY or Philadelphia , and how many years I need to study since I have already batchler but in different major .

Thanks

If you're looking to learn, perhaps look at a week at Maine Media Workshops. It's an immersive atmosphere, and a week there is equivalent to taking a 3 credit class for a semester. They have classes from introductory to advanced, and the classes are MUCH more focused than in an actual college environment.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I was wondering how good Maine Media workshops are. If you knew in and out of cameras and lenses, if you didn't need to learn about cameras, lenses, framing, movement, etc and if you were more in need of lighting workshop, would you guys prefer Maine Media workshops or ASC master class. I live in NYC by the way. A two weeks workshop at MMW is around $2000. Then you'll have to pay $250 for the meal and around $900 for a basic place to stay. So it'll be more or less equal to ASC master class.