SRII viewfinder

Luke Randall

• 2 months later...
  • Premium Member

Simple answer zoom in to focus

Have your zoom lens tested thoroughly to make sure it holds focus throughout the zoom, especially if it has been adapted from another type of mount. If it has then this is the time honored and easiest method to get sharp focus on SRs with a zoom.

I do not use zoom lenses unfortunately! I use MKI Superspeed primes.

I ran my first couple of mags through camera and was able to pull focus hand held, walking etc with only a few a couple of fails. I favor wide angles so I was mostly on the 9mm which was pretty forgiving.

Slowly getting the hang of the viewfinder.

• Premium Member

It really depends on what is causing that fog. If it's just dirt or smudges on the outside glass elements then you can clean them just like lenses. Be careful because this glass scratches a lot easier than a coated lens. Often times on these old cameras, the viewfinder optics get scratched all to hell over the years by overzealous users in the field grinding grit and sand into the glass with their shirt tails, pocket handkerchiefs and whatnot. So that may be what is causing the haze, though hopefully not. If the haze is between elements or deep inside the optics then you'll have to send it out to a service technician to be professionally cleaned.