"Sleep Always" Super-duper-8 feature

Guest Ian Marks

Hello All,

Here's my two cents...

SLEEP ALWAYS is a "MUST HAVE" for all indie filmmakers, especially Super 8 filmmakers. The world of Super 8 filmmaking has a ton of wannabe filmmakers in the mix. Rick Palidwor and Mitch Perkins are part of a very small group of indie filmmakers who actually had the balls to take a format like Super 8 and push it to the extreme limits. SLEEP ALWAYS is really ground breaking. It's worth seeing on that level alone, because you will learn something from it (and you may actually enjoy it also).

If you really love film, then you should be into seeing all kinds of films. Don't get me wrong, I really enjoy a good Hollywood film. However, Hollywood films are very specific in the way they deliver their entertainment. Indie films like SLEEP ALWAYS stay very true to the director's "vision". SLEEP ALWAYS is not a Hollywood film, but if you are open to it, I think you will find SLEEP ALWAYS to be a very well made independent film. It's interesting, makes you think and is worth a view if you love film.

Mike

• Premium Member
Saw the film yesterday. Really impressive. Actually I'd read several comments about it but wasn't expecting it to be so good. It was a pleasant surprise.

I think if you like David Lynch you'll definitely enjoy watching this movie. Same kind of atmosphere (hey Rick, I hope you don't mind the comparison).

Soundtrack is also top-notch. I love "Do Make Say Think" by the way. Jethro's acting was solid ... [lol]

Anyways, great film.

The film is great - the soundtrack is cool - and I also really like the sound in general for this film - it adds to the surreal atmosphere

...I have always thought sync sound is over rated. ...

Steve

• 3 weeks later...
SLEEP ALWAYS is a "MUST HAVE" for all indie filmmakers, especially Super 8 filmmakers. The world of Super 8 filmmaking has a ton of wannabe filmmakers in the mix. Rick Palidwor and Mitch Perkins are .....

I thought Id stop by and see whats shaking over here with filmshooting.com down temporarily and what do I find but most of my favorite small format film makers. I agree with Michael. Buy this film and support these two film makers. Also, Scotness' In My Image is a must add too.