Wrong credits on my IMDb!

Gregory Irwin

• Premium Member

Suddenly, I have several credits appearing on my IMDb page that are not my credits. I don't know where these are coming from and I'm having one hell of a time requesting IMDb to remove them. Does anyone else have this issue0? Any advice? Thanks...

G

• Premium Member

Suddenly, I have several credits appearing on my IMDb page that are not my credits. I don't know where these are coming from and I'm having one hell of a time requesting IMDb to remove them. Does anyone else have this issue0? Any advice? Thanks...

G

IMDb can be a pain, but they do eventually get around to correcting the problem. You should be able to do it yourself simply by clicking the "Edit" button across from where it says "Filmography" and just take it from there. Unless you've tried that already...

• Premium Member

IMDb can be a pain, but they do eventually get around to correcting the problem. You should be able to do it yourself simply by clicking the "Edit" button across from where it says "Filmography" and just take it from there. Unless you've tried that already...

I've already tried that to no avail thus far. Thanks Bill...

G

• Premium Member

I've already tried that to no avail thus far. Thanks Bill...

G

That's odd. In that case, I would just give it until Monday and keep on them until they definitively say they are going to take care of it. But I know what you mean. Most of their e-mail responses are all automated. Very hard to nail down a customer service rep.

• Premium Member

Happens often. Also note that I don't think IMDB updates over the weekend or on holidays. Best to just keep on putting in the edit, and eventually it will go through. Happens on my own IMDB on occasion; and one would think I have a unique enough name...

G

For my short film that I got an IMDB entry, my Daughter was 'linked' up to a far more famous person of the same name. It took a few emails to correct the problem...

It maybe that I being a 'responsible' person took the initiative to correct the error, since it was my film and my cast member.

Don't know what would happen if it was your case where wrong attributions were made to you by some film.

Furthermore, the linkage to the Daughter was done apparently by the simplistic 'name match', perhaps an automatic function, rather than any activity on the part of anyone...

Edited by John E Clark

• Premium Member

There are a bunch of film festivals that will put you on IMDB just for submitting to them. So, when a producer or whoever is filling out the cast and crew of the movie and they write, "Justin Hayward," the festival will offer an IMDB link to a Justin Hayward. That's when the producer checks to see if it's the same Justin Hayward that was the lead singer in the Moody Blues and thinks, probably not. Then creates a new Justin Hayward. Sounds like some producers aren't checking if their "Gregory Irwin" is the same guy that 1st AC'd "Interstellar."