Editing a photo montage on final cut pro x...

scott karos

I want to make a photo montage of an artists work that I like but I've run into a problem before I've even begun.

I got all the photos I need that I want to cut together. Thing is, the photos are not the right size. When I play the image on FCP X, the photo is not covering the entire screen. How do I change the size of the photos?

I want to make a photo montage of an artists work that I like but I've run into a problem before I've even begun.

I got all the photos I need that I want to cut together. Thing is, the photos are not the right size. When I play the image on FCP X, the photo is not covering the entire screen. How do I change the size of the photos?

I'm not up on FCPX, but in FCExpress and FCP, there was the ability to 'resize' the clip, which an imported still would become.

There is also using something like Adobe Lightroom or Photoshop to 'resize' the set of stills you want to import to 1920x1080 (or whatever size you need.).

I do this frequently for the Wife's Photography Meetup presentations. It makes for importing in to Keynote (or any presentation software...) much easier.

I use to make a lot of slide shows in Adobe After Effects, since there was a simple few buttons worth of setup required to make a image sequence with fading.