My Kodak super 8 film challenge submission "Lights and Shadows"

Hunter O'Shea

http://theaudienceawards.com/films/lights-and-shadows-oshea-brothers52174

Comprised over 6 years of shooting Kodak Motion Picture Film, "Lights and Shadows" is my love letter to film as well as skateboarding. Shot on discontinued plus-x and 100D reversal as well as the gorgeous Vision 3 color negative stocks.

I really hope the members of the cinematography.com community will take the time to view my film submission and vote in my favor as I'd love to continue shooting film for all of my future projects.

Thanks!

- Hunter O'Shea

I completely understand and I appreciate the kind words as well as the support Chris!

Thank you Ted. Very nice of you to say and I'm so glad you enjoyed the film. The song is also one of my favorites of all time! "feathers"- electric president

- Hunter

• 2 weeks later...

Dang I saw that one had won, congratulations! Love that tunnel shot in the thumbnail. Wall bonk at :40 was awesome

Tunnel shot was a top three moment for sure for me... the transitions were spot on and the quick shot of the wheels turning was really smart!!

Nice work, Hunter! I was always digging your Happy Medium stuff anyway.

I have some questions about the clip:

Were you allowed to mix some digital footage in (VX 1000)?

Can you name a few shots that were captured on Kodak's Vision 3?

Did you apply some grain in post? Or was it captured like this?

What was the image resolution of your digitized files?

TIA,

Daniel

Thanks Daniel! The contest rules stated that the films must be comprised of at least 50% super 8 film and I wanted to show what some of the b roll was intended for so the vx footage was included. The vision 3 is the majority of the color footage including Johnrob breaking his board on the drop in and the zoom shot of his face. I did not apply any grain in post and the film was scanned at varying resolutions between 480 and 1080 over the years.

- Hunter