Metal Pressure Plate for Super 8 Cartridges.

Brian Drysdale

This metal plate may be of interest to those concerned about the precision of the plastic pressure plate used on Super 8 film cartridges. You remove it before sending off your film for processing

http://www.gkfilm.de/en/index.html?3_andruckplatte/beschr.html

Edited by Brian Drysdale

The pressureplate was originally developed to try to correct / compensate for production failures with the kodak cartridges. In the early 2Ks the film jammed, film waved & breathed heavily. The PP did i prove a little apaert from jamming which was a direct assembly failure.

If your camera is worn do not expect euureka experience but it has the potential to improve imperfectio. It eill run a little heavier.

There is some promo clips om thr net somewhere. Check thrm out an see for your self.

Edited by S8 Booster

I have one but haven't used it for a while. The idea is to reduce breathing and jitter, and it does help. The downside is if you're using thicker emulsions like Vision, and your cameras motor isn't working to its full potential, the film may not advance. I had that happen twice, you,re done shooting only to find you still have 50ft of film in the camera.

• 4 years later...

Hi guys,

Sorry for bumping this thread up, but this was the closest to what I had in mind.

On 1/18/2016 at 3:26 PM, Anthony Schilling said:

I have one but haven't used it for a while. The idea is to reduce breathing and jitter, and it does help. The downside is if you're using thicker emulsions like Vision, and your cameras motor isn't working to its full potential, the film may not advance. I had that happen twice, you,re done shooting only to find you still have 50ft of film in the camera.

That's probably the only real-life review I've seen from anyone who's directly experienced it, so really appreciate you sharing your thoughts about it!

I was wondering, do you still have the plate? Have you used it recently??

I know this might be a bit straight forward, but I was really hoping to ask of a BIG favour from you. But more importantly, hope you (and everyone here is staying safe and sound! ?

• 1 year later...