How Does A Filmmaker Colorize and Collaborate?

Collaboration is the request here. Looking for a talented artist that can offer accomplished skill/advice in color grading a 30-minute doc.

Or, advice on where and how to start the process.

My wife and I are newbies delving into trying to make a proper film. I hope this collaboration request is not too off-the-wall.

I've dabbled in colorizing, but I tend to end up making stuff look somewhat ridiculous rather than polished, so I really need to rectify this issue.

Also, I'd love to watch the process and ask dumb-ass questions along the way so I can glean some knowledge.

I'm not sure if this sort of thing is an appropriate request, but it doesn't hurt to ask, so I'm asking. And if this should be posted elsewhere, or not at all, let me know.

The film is a labor of love endeavor. Self-funded. Basically, a lot of sweat equity. Ultimately, my wife and I made a sweet very straightforward film where the theme is the importance of friendship against a society's measures of success. So, in my mind, I believe it deserves a somewhat sentimental color palette in warmer hues. That said, the theme is simplicity, so essentially colors that are authentic rather than contemporized and stylized.

Here's the film blurb:

"An aspiring housewife living in the heart of Japan creates an international English language publication. After three decades struggling against cultural, creative, and family challenges, her and the staff must then reckon with what it means to be successful."

Let me know if you're intrigued, if the idea of creative collaboration makes sense, and we will definitely follow-up.

FYI, We shot the film on Panasonic Lumix cams, the GM1 and Gx7, for whatever that's worth.

Here’s a look at our trailer. If you’d like to see the full film, PM me and I’ll send a link/password.