Kino Flo Backplate

Drew Moe_39943

So I'm trying to sources a super specific Kino part, but I'm having a devil of a time. Kino themselves aren't being super helpful, and I can't buy it from any vendor.

What I’m looking for is a backplate that goes on the back of Kinos. Not the thing that attaches to a c-stand and has a the small ball head, but the flat metal plate that’s attached to the backside of the light that the rotating lock mechanism goes into. I hope that make sense. It's a tough piece to describe, which is part of the problem. Basically, this: http://www.kayelites.com/images/Products/KinoFlo/newkino4x4_4.jpg

If anyone has any ideas where I can buy this piece, I'd be eternally grateful. Alternatively, if any of you out there are looking to get rid of a Kino shell that's in some state of disrepair, I'd be happy to buy it off of you and scavenge what I need.

Thanks for any help you guys can give me!

-Drew

Did you call KinoFlo in Cali? They do accept calls and answer questions. My guess is you are trying to update an older shell/housing to accept the newer/safer locking backplate? Old style ones can be used safely by just adding a #1 spring clip as sparks did for years before the upgrade.

Edited by JD Hartman

I've already spoken to Kino a number of times. They don't sell direct, so they gave me the name of 5-6 local vendors they work with here in LA. I contacted the vendors, only to find out Kino won't sell the part to the vendors either. Come on!

So, now I'm trying the secondary market.... Anyone have any ideas?

• 1 year later...