the best way to film a sequence shot

Hello,

I have a film of 10 minutes sequence shot in which there are camera movements like following a car from behind and then following a guy running and entering in a building, where all the place I have to be behind the actor.

I have thought of the Movi M15 camera, but still i didn't test it cause I don't want any shakeness and need to maintain the actor in the center of the frame.

Any others suggestions ?

Marina.

Hello,

I have a film of 10 minutes sequence shot in which there are camera movements like following a car from behind and then following a guy running and entering in a building, where all the place I have to be behind the actor.

I have thought of the Movi M15 camera, but still i didn't test it cause I don't want any shakeness and need to maintain the actor in the center of the frame.

Any others suggestions ?

Marina.

You will get practically no shake using the motorized gimbals if you use a decent operator. My brother used the Ronin M on a shot for the first time, where he ran after the actor, and there was no shake.

As for having the actor in the middle of the shot, you just need a camera operator that knows what he is doing.

• Premium Member

My first choice would Steadicam unless you need to squeeze into the back of a car or something like that.

It's really hard for an average person to handhold a gimbal out in front of their body for more than a few minutes at a time (especially for take after take), so you would most likely need multiple operators with handoffs, or an Easyrig with a Serene Arm in which case you might as well be on a Steadicam.

Depending on how you design the shot, it could be cut into multiple smaller shots and stitched in post much like 'Birdman' or 'The Revenant.'