Beaulieu 4008 question

Chris Burke

I just got a 4008 in great shape. It uses an external battery which connects via an alligator clip. I am embarrassed to say that I don't know which is the positive and which is the negative lead for the battery. I don't want to screw it up, so I am asking for help.

post-1142-0-19825800-1457279923_thumb.jpg

Yes, it is painted green. I am a little confused as to which is which. Middle and center mean the same thing to me. Could you use 12, 3 and 6 as on a clock face as reference. I never had the original battery. I have an external battery with two alligator clips for leads they are both black.

I figured it out.

Are you now supposed to enter the field without any further cover or fixture?

It doesn't need the 3.6Volt? Seems, it is a stripped and partial rebuild by Pro8mm. No zoom or aperture-control on the lens. I recall they listed coloured versions for a while. Later they were always the same repaint in hammered grey. Or what is it called :) Or is it from Japan? There was a seller who had all colors. Mostly metallic look.

Edited by Andries Molenaar

• 3 weeks later...

There was an individual by the name of Eric Martin Jarvies who painted his Beaulieu cameras. Unfortunately, he also had a habit of using WD40 on his cameras too. I just hope that this 4008 is not one of his (apparently he did sell off a lot of his gear some time back.)