LAVALIER MICROPHONES

Guest oscar

Guest oscar

Hi there, Im planning to buy some lavalier set, but since I dont specialize on audio Im not quite aware of advantages or problems with transmitters and receivers, I saw some Zenheisser EV 100 series wich I kinda liked pretty much, actually I have used them couple of times and they give some good response!!. I was through de B&H web site and there were Three kinds of EV100's with the same price, the difference is on the MHZ's frecuency wich comes in the following

1. 518-550 MHZ

2. 630-662 MHZ

3. 740-772 MHZ

what frecuency do you think will work the best without any interference or less chance of getting audio break out or interferred by noise signals. this is for using at I think max distance of about 30 -40 ft away from video camera on city as well on open places.

thank you very much indeed

Oscar Jimenez

Check what channels the UHF TV stations broadcast on in your city. There are charts available that tell you the frequencies that these channels correspond to, which will then indicate the best frequency range for you to use.

These are good mike sets at a good price. You might also wish to look at the Audio-Technica U100 series mike sets. Make sure whatever mikes you use they come with the standard 5-pin connector for attaching the mike to the transmitter. This will allow you to use a higher quality and lower profile mike. I use Professional Sound Corp. (PSC) Millimics on my A-T 100 sets with excellent results. Tram mikes are also very good.

• 2 weeks later...