Floor Planners

E Beach

Hi there,

I am in need of a floor planner to layout some lighting designs as well as distribution paths/set ups. Similar to a Lighting Designer app on the iPad but that can work on a desktop mac.

Doesn't have to be dedicated to film lighting but something that can have top down views of custom made rooms/areas with length measurement, etc.

Anyone know of anything that could work?
Cheers,
E

Completely forgot about making this post till now.

I saw floor planner but I don't want it to be 3D and it doesn't seem to very good for what I am looking for.

Had a look at LXFree and this is more what I want and could work, thanks for that.

If anyone knows of anything else please do tell! - If you type in lighting designer iPad into google, thats what I was thinking of but for a desktop computer as they only have an iPad version.

Cheers, E

Hollywood Camera Works makes an app called Shot Designer. If you buy the iPad version, it comes with a code for the desktop version and its possible to sync the two of them to automatically stay up to date. I'm not the most pleased with it, because it feels rather basic and I'm used to things like Vector Works and AutoCAD from my theatrical background, but I think it'll be great for what you're looking for!