First Eclair, which one to get?

Carl Nenzen Loven

"I did find a new PL to C-mount adapter at B&H, and considering the quality of the PL lenses we have I think it is a steal".

A PL to C-mount adapter seems to be not the best option. A zoom lens might be a heavy burdon for C-mount.

You should try to find a PL to ACL adapter, unfortunately not a bargain.

But most ACL will come with Arri B adapter, and there are hundreds of nice lenses on the market.

Spooling down from 400ft. can easily be done without a darkroom.

I take an old Mag.from Arri 16S, load it with the 400ft. roll and an empty cor in the changing bag, then take it out, connect it with a 12 V battery and spool down, controlling the meter counter. Admittedly, the counter is not very precise, but with some routine you will get the point. Yes, the first portion has to be rolled twice, the second is just fine.

I have never experienced electrostatic issues..

Good luck,

Volker

• Upvote 2

"I did find a new PL to C-mount adapter at B&H, and considering the quality of the PL lenses we have I think it is a steal".

A PL to C-mount adapter seems to be not the best option. A zoom lens might be a heavy burdon for C-mount.

You should try to find a PL to ACL adapter, unfortunately not a bargain.

But most ACL will come with Arri B adapter, and there are hundreds of nice lenses on the market.

Spooling down from 400ft. can easily be done without a darkroom.

I take an old Mag.from Arri 16S, load it with the 400ft. roll and an empty cor in the changing bag, then take it out, connect it with a 12 V battery and spool down, controlling the meter counter. Admittedly, the counter is not very precise, but with some routine you will get the point. Yes, the first portion has to be rolled twice, the second is just fine.

I have never experienced electrostatic issues..

Good luck,

Volker

Yeah, we only do primes at school. But I agree. maybe a dedicated ACL one instead (around 325 when I found them on some sites) would be better.

I did find even some newly made superspeed sets with the Arri-b connection selling just north of 10 000 dollars (which is not a steal for a student, but for a graduating student, maybe :) )

That models seems pretty smart since I have access to a lot of arri-s at school.

BTW Volker, sent you a PM, and a email :)

C

Though I use my ACL exclusively with 200ft. mags, traveling in Asia I carry my raw footage in 400ft. cans originally Kodak sealed. Never had any problems having them manually checked, NO X-RAY (except once in Cambodia).

Never had a darkroom, so I spooled down in the Arri mag.

Cheers,

Volker

Though I use my ACL exclusively with 200ft. mags, traveling in Asia I carry my raw footage in 400ft. cans originally Kodak sealed. Never had any problems having them manually checked, NO X-RAY (except once in Cambodia).

Never had a darkroom, so I spooled down in the Arri mag.

Cheers,

Volker

So of the two ACLs you offer, is anyone of the m S16?

And would you consider shipping to the US?

C

Hi Carl,
The ACL1,5 is Super16
It comes with small motor and standard finder,
but I have all parts for an upgrade with multiduty motor and fully orientable finder, same as ACL2.
The ACL2 is regular16.
Today I've run a test roll of Kodak 7285 reversal through both cameras to make shure that everything works well.
The S16 ACL1,5 was kind of noisy, uncommon, it used to be very quiet before.
The R16 ACL2 was running very quiet and smooth as it should.
I'm waiting for the film to be processed, but there is no doubt the ACL2 is ready to shoot.
The ACL1,5 S16 has to be checked before, I will have it done soon.
So right now I can offer the following set:

1.) ACL 2, R16, latest model, heavy duty motor 8-75 f/s and fully orientable Angenieux finder.

1 Cameflex and 1 Arri bayonet mount, 2 batteries, cable, twin charger, release handle, 3 mags., 200ft. or 400ft. by choice.

Everything you need, ready to shoot. Asked price 700 Euro.

I would add some 100 and 200ft. daylight spools and a changing bag as well.

2.) Angenieux Zoom 1,6-2,2 / 9,5-57mm, Arri B mount, very clean, with sun shade.

Asked price for the whole set ACL 2 with Ang. lens 1200 Euro.

Shipping to the US by DHL would be 48 Euro, Premium service 64 Euro.

The ACL1,5 S16 set with Ang. lens should go for 1400 Euro, upgraded with multiduty motor and fully orientable finder (same as ACL2) 1600 Euro, but it has to be checked before. If I'm not absolutely shure that everything is OK, I would not give it away.

Volker