wide angle lenses for K-3?

Hi group,

Did my research and I found out that it seems to be very hard to find a good wide angle lens for the K-3 (M 42 1 screw mount). Added obstacle: mine is Super 16mm (re-centered lens). I'd love to have a nice prime lens with a focal length of anything between (say) 8 to 16mm without fish eye distortion - and one that won't break the bank, so I can get some nice handheld shots without being too shaky, having focus issues (almost all uploaded K-3 footage has focus issues when the subject is close) and being too "removed" from the viewer.

Any advice, tips where to look, highly appreciated.

Christian

I think the Peleng 8mm could be the only option with that mount

Just checked it out. Seems there are only two choices for the K-3: The 8mm Belomo Peleng and the (probably inferior) 16mm Zenitar. I discovered some footage on YouTube and Vimeo with the K-3 and the 8mm Peleng. Looks great on 16mm! Just what I was looking for. Should be great on a sunny day with the f stop down f/16. At the moment this lens is not as cheap as stated in some older reviews (about the same price as the camera with zoom lens and all accessories - taking shipping and customs into account) so I'll wait until I'm 100% sure the camera works and runs well. And yep: I will make sure it comes with the M42 screw mount (not always the case!).

Thanks again,

Christian