What am I filming in?

Samuel Smith

Okay, I recently got an HDR-Fx1 and I am confused a bit. When I am in HDV mode am I running at 60fps and 1080i? Wht about when I am in DV mode and then when I film 16:9 in DV mode does the fps or anything else change?

Thanks for any info you have.

• Premium Member
Okay, I recently got an HDR-Fx1 and I am confused a bit. When I am in HDV mode am I running at 60fps and 1080i? Wht about when I am in DV mode and then when I film 16:9 in DV mode does the fps or anything else change?

Thanks for any info you have.

Hi,

30 FPS 1080i (60 fields) . In DV 16x9 or 4x3 only the pixels change shape, the no of pixels recorded to tape remain the same.

Stephen

I filmed something in DV widescreen (not HDV) and then I am using FCP4.5 to edit. When I go to import the footage it says unable to locate device 720x480. I go to File>Easy Setup and try using different settings but I can't seem to find the one that I need because it never recogonizes the device. When I go into the Capture and Log window I CAN control my camera, but there is no audio or video coming in. What's going on here? Are my settings wrong, on the camera or FCP?

• Premium Member

Make sure you have i.link turned on. Go through your IN/OUT SET menu and make sure it's all right. If you follow all the instructions in the manual it should work just fine.