Just moved to LA. Headed to NAB 2016, Anyone else?

Seth Compton

Hey Everyone!

This is my first post! I am so stoked to be a part of this community. I just moved in to a sweet new abode with my lady here in LA, and have been enjoying the weather as I just came from a stint in Jackson Hole, Wyoming working on a snowboarding feature called The Fourth Phase. I will be at NAB the 19-21st and would love to meet up with some people! Below is a link to the trailer for the film. Let me know what you guys think!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9qWa0Yn6bo

Cheers,

Seth

Edited by Seth Compton

• Premium Member

Welcome!

NAB is pretty cool, I worked the floor for 5 years straight and always had a good time. I remember seeing film cameras on the floor, today it's a very different story. It's more of a video camera/broadcast show, then cinema anyway. Lots of cool technology announcements and of course, first look's at new products.

The show YOU wanna go to is Cine Gear which is in June. Now that's where all the action is! Well, at least the action for your wallet! :)

• Upvote 1

Welcome!

NAB is pretty cool, I worked the floor for 5 years straight and always had a good time. I remember seeing film cameras on the floor, today it's a very different story. It's more of a video camera/broadcast show, then cinema anyway. Lots of cool technology announcements and of course, first look's at new products.

The show YOU wanna go to is Cine Gear which is in June. Now that's where all the action is! Well, at least the action for your wallet! :)

Hey Tyler! Thanks for the welcome.

I too love NAB. I worked the trade show circuit for about 3 years with a manufacturing company called DEFY Products. Got the chance to travel to shows like IBC in Amsterdam, InterBEE in Japan, Broadcast Asia in Singapore, Broadcast India, and many more. My favorite is without a doubt Cine Gear LA.

I'm Simply looking for some people that might want to meet up while in Vegas for NAB. Grab a beer and chat ect.. I may have a couple extra invitations to the Atomos party Thursday night, so If I meet some cool people then I'll bring em along :-)