120FPS low light camera recommendation

Adam Weinberg

I have a studio shoot coming up in which I need to shoot a bunch of 120FPS footage with limited lighting (probably no more than a 2' 4 bank Kino and 2x 1x1 LEDs). I unfortunately don't have the budget to do much camera testing, and I'm wondering if there is a consensus as whether the Sony FS7 or a Red Dragon will give me better high speed low light performance.. would appreciate any insight!

i would assume a Dragon sensor is more sensitive? a Dragon is a possible rental for us but the most important thing is the cleanest sensor at between 2000 and 3200 ISO at 120P in either 2k or HD. FS7 or Dragon seem like the best options for the budget ($400 to $500 per day tops for camera) based on my research but unfortunately don't have the budget for camera tests.

i would assume a Dragon sensor is more sensitive? a Dragon is a possible rental for us but the most important thing is the cleanest sensor at between 2000 and 3200 ISO at 120P in either 2k or HD. FS7 or Dragon seem like the best options for the budget ($400 to $500 per day tops for camera) based on my research but unfortunately don't have the budget for camera tests.

Sorry. I always assume everyone is looking to purchase for some reason lol.

• 4 years later...