Can anyone help me find something like this?

Yash Lucid

Hi.

I'm planning a video that integrates a slow moving hyperlapse with a green screened actor over it.

Has this been done before? If so please could someone post some links.

Reason being: Would love some reference, perhaps bts if I'm so lucky, and to get a feel for it before I try it.

Thanks

• Premium Member

I'm planning a video that integrates a slow moving hyperlapse with a green screened actor over it.

I punched "hyperlapse video" into the Vimeo search and these videos were the first ones that came up:

Paris in Motion

Berlin Hyperlapse

Los Angeles Hyperlapse/Timelapse

...all of which employ more of a single-frame/"fast-motion" kind of action. But it sounds like you are looking for more of an ultra-slow, Matrix kind of effect, right?...

Hi guys.

None of those...sorry but thanks. Here is something.

Now this has one difference to what I want to achieve. In this, the subject is part of the hyperlapse, I want the subject to be keyed and composited from a 24p shot. In other words, we will have a normal clip of a person walking (normally, realtime, no lapses) with their background being lapsed.

Has anybody done this????? If not, I'll unfortunately have little to no reference but on the other side I'll be the first, I guess.

https://youtu.be/9YnnPGwECjs?t=44

My understanding is a "hyperlapse" is a timelapse that moves a specific amount per interval. As to the OP, it's just a matter of matching foreground lighting (green screen footage) with the background images (your hyperlapse) to get the cleanest composite. Or I'm just over simplifying things....

• Premium Member

The question was if someone knows of a video where live action was composited into a hyperlapse.

Yes, but in order to answer that question, we are trying to understand what you mean by "hyperlapse"...

Close but that is timelapse and the actors just moved very slowly here (I think)

Did you look at this link?

https://fstoppers.com/video/video-timelapse-real-time-5967

They composited the skaters into the background. It's very subtle at first but the clouds gave it away for me.

Also, it's only about ten or fifteen shots that actually do it.

Edited by Dylan Sunshine Saliba