Miguel Angel

Photographers as a source of inspiration

43 minutes ago, Satsuki Murashige said:

Awesome, Uli! 

Love the perspective. Did you use the 30mm lens for this one? With all the curvature, it’s hard to tell how wide the focal length is but it seems wider than the 45mm. 

Also, who did your film processing? Would love to find a lab that does ECN-2 for stills. 

Thanks Satsuki!

It was the 45mm, the London Tube architecture provides the extra width.

There's a company in Stuttgart, Germany called Silbersalz35 and they sell, develop and scan Vision 3. They scan on Arriscan at extremely high resolution. https://silbersalz35.com

Great fun and highly recommended.

6 hours ago, Satsuki Murashige said:

Cheers Uli, appreciate the info. Did you use a tripod? I’ve found the 45mm f/4 can be limiting at times. 

Handheld at f4 and 1/30th of a second. ASA 500 helped.

Posted (edited)

Hi there, I hope everyone are doing well and keeping busy in their home catching up on things they've postponed for ages.

I made a website of photographs from my travels as a cinematographer. I've been meaning to scan them for years but was always to busy. I kept the photos to 35mm film as they simply just look best and don't require much tweaking after scanning.
Have a look, best viewed on a computer screen. Click on the pictures to see more. I'll keep updating the site over the coming weeks. Many thanks.

http://www.pointandshoot.dk

Edited by Marcel Zyskind

14 minutes ago, Marcel Zyskind said:

Hi there, I hope everyone are doing well and keeping busy in their home catching up on things they've postponed for ages.

I made a website of photographs from my travels as a cinematographer. I've been meaning to scan them for years but was always to busy. I kept the photos to 35mm film as they simply just look best and don't require much tweaking after scanning.
Have a look, best viewed on a computer screen. Click on the pictures to see more. I'll keep updating the site over the coming weeks. Many thanks.

http://www.pointandshoot.dk

Hey Marcel,

The link does not work...

10 hours ago, Marcel Zyskind said:

Sorry, I had some DNS forwarding wrong when web address was linked with www. It's needs to update so try this.

http://pointandshoot.dk

Thanks for sharing them Marcel!!!

Love them!
The colours and grain in the Mono Lake ones are fabulous!
That series and the one in Shanghai are my favourites!

I need to get a scanner! 😁

Posted (edited)

Thanks Miguel, I've tried to put the photos in there in a way so that they represent a little story of my journey. In a subtle way.

The grain in the Mono Lake ones are probably because of expired film. And at the same time being Porta 400VC. But I love it!

Edited by Marcel Zyskind
  • Upvote 1

On 3/25/2020 at 11:33 PM, Marcel Zyskind said:

Thanks Miguel, I've tried to put the photos in there in a way so that they represent a little story of my journey. In a subtle way.

The grain in the Mono Lake ones are probably because of expired film. And at the same time being Porta 400VC. But I love it!

I think that you've achieved it!

Here's a photo I took in Miami of a crew member trying to set up props on a beach just as a storm was coming in. I titled it "The Optimist"...

mullen_miami9.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Here's a recent photo of people practicing social distancing in a park in Chatsworth on the weekend before the city and state shut the parks down:

Sigma_StoneyPoint2.jpg

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

The shutdown. My wife and our newborn at her salon on the day she had to close it.

lastday.jpg

1 hour ago, David Mullen ASC said:

Here's a recent photo of people practicing social distancing in a park in Chatsworth on the weekend before the city and state shut the parks down:

Sigma_StoneyPoint2.jpg

Beautiful and a little sad the same time.

On 3/27/2020 at 4:16 PM, David Mullen ASC said:

Sigma_StoneyPoint2.jpg

Nice one David. Are all the parks closed?

• Like 1

On 3/27/2020 at 3:14 PM, David Mullen ASC said:

Here's a photo I took in Miami of a crew member trying to set up props on a beach just as a storm was coming in. I titled it "The Optimist"...

mullen_miami9.jpg

Incredible sky. I might start running if I saw that coming. 

On 3/27/2020 at 3:14 PM, David Mullen ASC said:

mullen_miami9.jpg

Wonderful!