Looks cool, love the way it sort of 'snaps' together with different elements. My big concern right now is they are talking 1080p and 4k, in a world that is vastly outpacing that. My other concern is their camera doesn't even have firm specs yet, and they are already taking reservations. Personally, I would not bite on this camera myself, unless there comes a time when it's released that it exceeds any of the current offerings when it's released.

Another problem: for $3,000 total (according to their price list for a 4k cinema outfit), you essentially have a similar camera to what the Blackmagic Ursa mini is, and it's already out. My prediction is they won't survive in the camera marketplace unless they have something very special. Blackmagic's new sensor is also 4.6k and can do 15 stops DR. By the time this camera is released, I would expect the BM prices for the new sensor cameras to come down to at or below this price point.

I feel sorry for any company trying to introduce a new camera in this marketplace. Camera cycles are less than a year, and while this is a good design, they better have a lot of R&D money to keep up with the Jones's.

Edited by Landon D. Parks

Looks cool, love the way it sort of 'snaps' together with different elements. My big concern right now is they are talking 1080p and 4k, in a world that is vastly outpacing that. My other concern is their camera doesn't even have firm specs yet, and they are already taking reservations. Personally, I would not bite on this camera myself, unless there comes a time when it's released that it exceeds any of the current offerings when it's released.

Another problem: for $3,000 total (according to their price list for a 4k cinema outfit), you essentially have a similar camera to what the Blackmagic Ursa mini is, and it's already out. My prediction is they won't survive in the camera marketplace unless they have something very special. Blackmagic's new sensor is also 4.6k and can do 15 stops DR. By the time this camera is released, I would expect the BM prices for the new sensor cameras to come down to at or below this price point.

I feel sorry for any company trying to introduce a new camera in this marketplace. Camera cycles are less than a year, and while this is a good design, they better have a lot of R&D money to keep up with the Jones's.

You do have a solid point, although the ursa mini have been having some issues with faults and bad customer service, as far as I've read, at least.

And you definitely do need deep pockets to start a manufacturing company like this.

The Lego of cameras, great invention here. Promotes the best innovation of the industrial revolution; interchangeable parts. Once people start demanding 6K, you can upgrade parts rather than entire cameras. Also less than $3000 for 4K is head-turning regardless of the previous factor. If the image quality checks out with dynamic range and anti-aliasing (way easier said than done), this should definitely generate some noise in the market.