Arri 416 plus kit for sale (Europe)

Kalle Folke

Hi,

I need to let go of the best camera I've ever handled. Since I have access to another 416 I can't motivate keeping it no matter how much I'd like to :)

Complete list of what's included can be sent, it's a nice big kit with three mags, three batteries, all important accessories like shoulder support and hand grip etc (it's a lot) and two cases that fit it all. There's more stuff then in the attached picture.

Runs like a charm, was just out shooting with it tonight without any problems. I've never had any camera related issues with it (only user error before I learnt to load it correctly…).

Price is 8000€ + shipping and I'm not taking any offers at the moment, so please only contact me if you're seriously interested. EU-sale preferred. I'm based in Stockholm, Sweden. Pick up would be great, coffee/tea included if you come :)

Please contact me here or with the contact info on my website linked in my profile.

Take care/Kalle

post-64331-0-63879900-1462480341_thumb.jpg

• Site Sponsor

Hi,

I need to let go of the best camera I've ever handled. Since I have access to another 416 I can't motivate keeping it no matter how much I'd like to :)

Complete list of what's included can be sent, it's a nice big kit with three mags, three batteries, all important accessories like shoulder support and hand grip etc (it's a lot) and two cases that fit it all. There's more stuff then in the attached picture.

Runs like a charm, was just out shooting with it tonight without any problems. I've never had any camera related issues with it (only user error before I learnt to load it correctly…).

Price is 8000€ + shipping and I'm not taking any offers at the moment, so please only contact me if you're seriously interested. EU-sale preferred. I'm based in Stockholm, Sweden. Pick up would be great, coffee/tea included if you come :)

Please contact me here or with the contact info on my website linked in my profile.

Take care/Kalle

Kalli, Can you email the list of what's included in the package to sales@broadcastsolutions.com. Best, Rick

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 years later...
  • Premium Member
1 hour ago, Kemalettin Sert said:

and now sellers would say they are worth around 100K..which is bullshit

It is worth as much as people are prepared to pay for it. I sold mine for 13k only four years ago. A couple of months ago I talked to someone who sold a kit for 70k within days of putting it on the market. Now the market seems to be slowing down since I've seen kits on offer for 60 k and no hurried takers.

3 hours ago, Uli Meyer said:

It is worth as much as people are prepared to pay for it. I sold mine for 13k only four years ago. A couple of months ago I talked to someone who sold a kit for 70k within days of putting it on the market. Now the market seems to be slowing down since I've seen kits on offer for 60 k and no hurried takers.

If someone willing to pay 1M for a 416 plus kit does that make all the 416plus cameras worth 1M? 

• Premium Member
47 minutes ago, Kemalettin Sert said:

If someone willing to pay 1M for a 416 plus kit does that make all the 416plus cameras worth 1M? 

If enough people are prepared to pay 1M for it, it is. A Picasso painting is only canvas and paint but some people are prepared to pay millions to own one. As soon as there are enough people with available funds to pay for something that is rare on the market, its value goes up. A 416 was worth 8k six years ago because that is the maximum a buyer would pay, if you could find a buyer. I saw old ebay listings where a 416 went for 4k. Do you think it is worth 4k? It was then.

Edited by Uli Meyer
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Uli Meyer said:

If enough people are prepared to pay 1M for it, it is. A Picasso painting is only canvas and paint but some people are prepared to pay millions to own one. As soon as there are enough people with available funds to pay for something that is rare on the market, its value goes up. A 416 was worth 8k six years ago because that is the maximum a buyer would pay, if you could find a buyer. I saw old ebay listings where a 416 went for 4k. Do you think it is worth 4k? It was then.

i mean if its worth more than 100K Arri should start producing brand new and more advanced models and sell those.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Kemalettin Sert said:

i mean if its worth more than 100K Arri should start producing brand new and more advanced models and sell those.

There wouldn’t be enough customers to justify that investment. 

• Premium Member
15 hours ago, Raymond Zrike said:

I'd take a 416 over an LF any day of the week.

I'd absolutely take a Arri Alexa 35 over a 416. 

I'm sorry, but as a DP you can make $1400/day just on your package rental with the new Alexa 35. You'd be booked non-stop on jobs just because you had that camera. 

The 416 is a specialized camera, it's really only going to go out on smaller jobs, "day playing" sorta things. If you owned one, you'd never make your money back from a $100k purchase. Bigger shows, always go through rental houses because they always want a backup body. This is not such a big deal with digital, because it's easy to get a backup body same day, they're everywhere. 

So yea, if I had 100k, I'd 100% have an Alexa 35 and be WAY busier shooting, making content, then waiting for someone to call me for those smaller film jobs. Can't live off them alone anymore sadly. 

There are four 416s in New York on ShareGrid. I don’t believe there are currently any Alexa 35s available on there.

Plus I wasn’t talking about finances—I just meant I’d rather shoot most any project with a 416 over an Alexa 35. This is an art form after all; it doesn’t all have to be about what’s a good return on investment. Of course buying an Alexa 35 would be a better business decision.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, Raymond Zrike said:

Of course buying an Alexa 35 would be a better business decision.

Yes. When good film cameras were under $10k, it was worth buying. Not at $100k. Your ROI doesn't exist at that rate. 

Also, where I love everyones passion for shooting on film and you know I'm MR.FILM, I would GLADLY take an Alexa 35 over the ownership of ANY commercial film camera. Why? Maintenance. It's super easy to rent a film camera for those few jobs ya do a year. It's very expensive to maintain them, IF you use them. This is coming from a guy who services them. ?

7 hours ago, Tyler Purcell said:

Yes. When good film cameras were under $10k, it was worth buying. Not at $100k. Your ROI doesn't exist at that rate. 

Also, where I love everyones passion for shooting on film and you know I'm MR.FILM, I would GLADLY take an Alexa 35 over the ownership of ANY commercial film camera. Why? Maintenance. It's super easy to rent a film camera for those few jobs ya do a year. It's very expensive to maintain them, IF you use them. This is coming from a guy who services them. ?

Yes..I put Aaton Penelope on Sharegrid for rental nobody even asked once for last 4 years.If someone shooting film and using Aaton Penelope of course they would go through the rental company not Sharegrid.Also imagine investing 100k for a film camera trying to get that money back lol.

If you are millionaire and have few hundred Ks to spend it for fun maybe...

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Kemalettin Sert said:

Yes..I put Aaton Penelope on Sharegrid for rental nobody even asked once for last 4 years.If someone shooting film and using Aaton Penelope of course they would go through the rental company not Sharegrid.Also imagine investing 100k for a film camera trying to get that money back lol.

If you are millionaire and have few hundred Ks to spend it for fun maybe...

FYI I actually requested your Penelope twice through ShareGrid but never heard back.

• Haha 2