Hey. I am looking into some advice on hazing, both indoors and outdoors.

So, I have a restaurant shoot tomorrow, and I really know the opening scene would look much better with haze, but the restaurant opens 2 hours after we are done shooting. Does anyone have experiences with this? I am rigging a 5k Dino through diffusion, and a smaller LED panel.

Now, not really related. How does one go about creating a hazed environment outside, where there might be wind?

Also make sure you coordinate with the restaurant to disable fire alert systems temporarily. Last time I used haze in a production, it set off the damn particle-based fire alarms. It was theatre, and it happened right in the middle of a show in a gym, but I imagine restaurants have similar systems in place. Just a warning :)

2 hours will be plenty of time to clear the air at a restaurant. Bring additional floor fans if you really want to speed up the process.

Alright, thanks.

Also make sure you coordinate with the restaurant to disable fire alert systems temporarily. Last time I used haze in a production, it set off the damn particle-based fire alarms. It was theatre, and it happened right in the middle of a show in a gym, but I imagine restaurants have similar systems in place. Just a warning :)

Yeah. Makes sense :)