EDEN - cinematic practise shoot - GH4

• Premium Member

I really like your work! You kept your highlights under control incredibly considering you are shooting digital AND outdoors. If you were local, I would ask you to work on my project. I would definitely grade the footage differently to bring out all of that beautiful detail and give more color depth to the image. But this is some of the best footage I have seen from the GH4.

I'm a GH4 shooter, and I'll say - great job. Noticed you shot it on the kit lens (14-45) too, which proves just how much of a power-house that little lens is. I still use it for wide shots, though I now use the Sigma 17-50 with a speedbooster for most else, that 14-45 Lumix is really a high quality piece of glass.

Matthew: appreciate it, thanks! The grading was done quite quickly I must say, just slapped on the luts and adjusted levels a bit. Still figuring out what's the best way... this was VLog footage which I added the Panasonic Vlog-V709 Lut to and then Visioncolor ones.

Landon: many thanks. Love the Gh4 and the standard lens. But yes, definitely want to get a better lens and/or a speedbooster so i can also use my cinelenses ^^

• Premium Member

Well they're largely landscape shots, that would probably work best from a tripod or slider, so I can understand that. But I'll take handheld movement over weirdly bending post-stabilising artifacts any day.

• Upvote 1