Need help for choosing the right beam angle of a Led Panel

Hi everyone,

I need some advices on beam angles and i hope you'll light me up a little bit :D

I'll buy my first 2 LED Panels (relatively cheap Apurture Amaran 672) and basically i have 2 options (who cost the same price) :

- One model with less brightness, but with a beam angle of 75°

- The other one who can output almost 3x more brightness, but concentrated in a much smaller beam angle of 25°

I'll use these panels for a lot of different things : short movies, more serious corporate work, music video,...

So i wonder : By experience, what solution will be the most versatile for my needs? For me having more power that i can diffuse with softboxes, etc...seems a smarter choice, but the difference in beam angle is huge and i'm scared that 25° will be too narrow for bigger subject, even highly diffused !

I'll buy a third panel when i'll be able to afford it, but for now i'll begin with 2.

I'm in the learning process, sorry if some parts sounds "stupid" to you.

A big thank's !

Edited by Hardev Singh

If you buy the spot one, you can always use a diffusion in front of it to spread the light...but from the other one, you can never get more light even in a smaller beam angle.

Thank's for the advice, yes i think that there will be cases where i'll be more than happy to have that extra power. And there is so many way's for spreading the light it's probably the best choice.