Open top tool bag suggestions?

I'm looking to swap out an old Stanley run bag I've been using for a few years with an open top tool bag. I was wondering what suggestions people had? There are loads of brands that sell the open top bag style. Ideally looking for something with internal dividers, or would it be recommended that I just make them myself to fit my needs?

• Premium Member

Bradley, go to either Panavision or Arri and get the big standby bag and the smaller one.

Those two are my recommendations.

They will be with you forever.

Have a good day!

Bradley, go to either Panavision or Arri and get the big standby bag and the smaller one.

Those two are my recommendations.

They will be with you forever.

...except my Arri Base Camp lasted maybe a year? And I've met several 1sts and Ops who have had the same experience... Since then, I've just been investing in proper widemouth work bags and just replacing as the wear out. $220 is a bit too much to pay for an unreliable product in my opinion.

• Premium Member

...except my Arri Base Camp lasted maybe a year? And I've met several 1sts and Ops who have had the same experience... Since then, I've just been investing in proper widemouth work bags and just replacing as the wear out. $220 is a bit too much to pay for an unreliable product in my opinion.

I'd say that that's very strange, I've had my Arris since 2009 and they are just as new.

That's also because I treat them really well.

The Big One was always on the magliner and the Small One was the one where I put the vital things in.

Said that, my Panavision ones are much better and robust, and they have better pockets, so I would go for the Panavision bags if I had to buy something new now.

On a side note, a friend of mine bought an Arri bag 4 years ago and he treats it a bit roughly.. and it shows.

On another side note, another friend of mine bought a Panavision bag 10 years ago and we used and use it in every single known terrain and condition.. and it is just an immortal bag, we all want to inherit it!

Have a lovely day!

I still use my Production CineBag that lives on the cart but for the "Run Bag/ Set Bag", I've been happy with my old Camera Essential Doctor bag. The older version had a center divider and the new one's don't. But with some recycle dividers and velcro, you can make anything work.

Recently both D-rings that hold the shoulder strap broke off. So now the strap is held together with carabiners.

So I am also in the market for a new set bag; I need something a little deeper and just A LITTLE bit longer.

What I normally lives in my CE Doctor bag: 2 Dionics/ND3-2.1/Kimi/Pancros/Finder/Eyebrow/Hoodmans/ backup cables & hardware/ wedges/ and outdoor hard marks.

I've been thinking of switching to a medium bucket boss.

A friend put me on to using shooting range bags. I have this one and love it, only cost me about $70.

Lots of interior space and pockets, comes with a smaller bag inside with zippered pockets and dividers. Good for leaving the bigger bag on the cart with the less needed items and keeping the smaller bag with the essentials by your side.

Edited by evanwalsh