What camera should I use?

• Premium Member

Yea, it's not bad... but $6500 bux also buys 3 16mm cameras the students will be using all the time vs a demo I'd show them once a year. Even though I'd love to have a Mitchell BNC sitting in my living room (who wouldn't), it's a bit overkill. LOL :)

My class includes 1920, 1940, 1960 and 1980 history in separate 2hr sessions.

So I was going to start with a wind up camera for the 20's. See if I can track down (borrow) a 3 strip camera for the 40's. Mitchell BNC for the 60's and Arri BL for the 80's.

I'll probably have to borrow for the time being. Though I wouldn't mind owning all 4 of those cameras AND an elephant ear VistaVision camera to boot! :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

This is the best thread I have read in ages.

I believe the Bell & Howell 2709 is also rackover?

Tell the guy to get a used BMPCC for $500 and go shoot.

Tyler, if you ever get that Mitchell setup let me know, I'll fly out and and we can make some pictures!

• Premium Member

Absolutely Jay!

Nobody is willing to give anything away so far, but I need to go meet these people and see what they can offer, if anything. One thing I've learned about hollywood... they want money over anything else. Finding equipment donations is nearly impossible, even from people who throw stuff away, they'd rather it be in a trash can, then in the hands of someone who can use it. :(