Out of the EU

Phil Rhodes

Too late we're already building it. The faster we wall ourselves off from your zanny country and your now daily mass shootings.....the better.

Your country consumes half the entire world supply of illegal drugs despite being just 4% of the earth's population, and you need protection from us?

R,

No, we need protection because your government and immigration systems are too lax. Drug are being backpacked onto America soil daily, across a border that is little more than a clear-cut strip of land. If the US didn't buy Canadian petroleum, natural gas and hydroelectric power, who would? Not to mention your timber exports. You need us a lot more than we need you.

No, we need protection because your government and immigration systems are too lax. Drug are being backpacked onto America soil daily, across a border that is little more than a clear-cut strip of land. If the US didn't buy Canadian petroleum, natural gas and hydroelectric power, who would? Not to mention your timber exports. You need us a lot more than we need you.

HA!

R,

Drug are being backpacked onto America soil daily,

And then Canadians force the drugs down the throats of Americans I presume? If you were not a nation of self made junkies JD you would not have a drug problem.

R,

One question I always like to ask Americans that think like you do JD, thank the Lord you're in the minority.

What kind of neighbour do you think your country is to Mexico and Canada?

R,

No, we need protection because your government and immigration systems are too lax.

Can you remind me JD which country let all the 9/11 hi-jackers into the US? Also, which country failed to stop any of them at the airports they boarded the planes at?

My memory of history is a little fuzzy, maybe you can clarify that point? I seem to recall ALL of the hi-jacked planes taking off from inside the USA, not coming from Canada.

Then Canadians took in thousands of stranded US passengers, because the flights were diverted to where? Canada that's where.

After doing all that your president didn't even have the decency to say thank-you. Is that how Americans are raised JD?

R,

After doing all that your president didn't even have the decency to say thank-you. Is that how Americans are raised JD?

50/50. Eh, 60/40. Eh, 70/30. That's more like it - 70/30.

What kind of neighbour do you think your country is to Mexico and Canada?

:ph34r: We're number one, Richard! Don't you forget it! Everyone knows we are number one. Everyone knows we are great. We are really great. We are. Just ask Trump. He'll tell you. The whole world loves us. They really do. Just ask them. Canadians are dying to move here. Just ask them. They're rapist and drug dealers though. Oh wait, that's Mexicans. What the difference anyway? We'll build a wall and take care of them.

*drops the mic, Obama style*

Edited by Landon D. Parks

There is nothing cooler then being on a subway ride where people are speaking 10 different languages, wearing cool clothing from all over the world and all getting along nicely with one another. That to me is mighty awesome!

I'm sure it's the opposite of what you intended, but you're describing London, Edinburgh, Manchester, Birmingham- need I go on?

The UK leaving the EU may suit you as some sort of theoretical libertarian statement, but we who live here have got to live with it.

Edited by Mark Dunn

• Premium Member

It suits me pretty well as a theoretical argument.

I suspect the reality of it will be pretty unspectacular - more or less the status quo, but without having to give tacit political support to yet another group of dislikable people in expensive suits.

P

The United States needs to start worrying about the United States. While there might be the occasional terror attack here, most violence here is 100% homegrown. Politicians here don't want to admit it, because they don't know how to fix it. Instead, the republicans blame the foreigners (who commit less than 1% of our crime), and the democrats are stuck on nothing but gun control - which will help in one aspect but will not fix a majority of the problems.

Welcome to America.

• Premium Member

Meanwhile.. Yesterday in Spain people have voted massively for a party which is full of corruption, half of its members are in the middle of being judged, its visible head doesn't show up on press conferences and instead shows up via TV, the main accountant said and showed that the party is paying under the table to a lot of people and businesses to get what it wants, etc, etc.

Oh, it is the most right-sided party in Spain.

Good time to become a Canadian I think! :D

Have a good day.

This is real news in the USA JD Hartman. And you need a wall to protect yourselves from Canada?

http://touch.latimes.com/#section/-1/article/p2p-87694124/

R,

Irrelevant link. Yes, we have violence in the US, Canada doesn't?

We need better border protection to protect the USA from what Canada fails to do or does poorly.

http://www.cnsnews.com/commentary/michelle-malkin/yes-we-need-canadian-border-wall

http://www.bizpacreview.com/2016/05/12/report-canadas-lax-migrant-policies-and-exposed-border-leaves-us-dangerously-vulnerable-339601

http://cis.org/NorthAmericanBorders

Remind me of the firearms death rate.

Oh, here it is.

The USA's is five times Canada's, 50 times ours and you have more guns than people. Who needs to protect whom from what?

Edited by Mark Dunn

We need better border protection to protect the USA from what Canada fails to do or does poorly.

http://www.cnsnews.com/commentary/michelle-malkin/yes-we-need-canadian-border-wall

http://www.bizpacreview.com/2016/05/12/report-canadas-lax-migrant-policies-and-exposed-border-leaves-us-dangerously-vulnerable-339601

http://cis.org/NorthAmericanBorders

Oh phew it's irrelevant, ok.

Do you even realize what a dumb idea this is? Have you done a Google search on the length of the Canada USA border? Here's a little factoid, it's longer than 10 miles.

"Of 21,000 total Border Patrol agents, only 2,100 are assigned to the northern border."

And this is Canada's fault?????????? Aren't they YOUR staff?

R,

• Premium Member

I am amazed by all these wall things, is that something that people are actually thinking about seriously?

If so.. they should just dig deep, make some cuts here and there and make The States an island, a la England! :D :D :D

Have a lovely day!

• 2 months later...

Honestly, I hope Trump does get into office because it will be the final tipping point for an all-out revolution in this country. My hope is that it will lead states to disband from the union. It would be great to see the entire west coast come together and leave the union. It would be great to have the entire north east from New York City up to Canada, to split ties and become their own thing or part of Canada (I'd move back there if that happens). Trump can have all the uneducated, gun swinging, jesus loving, gay hating, racists states, and the rest will break away and become their own country, as it should be.

This hit me like a ton of bricks when I first read it months ago. :blink: There is such a thing as American separatism? :o I thought that no American would ever want a break-up of the union.

Edited by Alexandros Angelopoulos Apostolos

I've heard of a small separatist movement in Texas. It's very small, which frustrates some of my American friends who would happily tow Texas (with a possible pass for Austin) out into the bay of Mexico and sink it.

:D :lol: That really made me laugh.

But, now come to think of it, perhaps I did at one time somewhere bump onto a whisper of separatism (in modern times), but perhaps I’m just imagining things.

This hit me like a ton of bricks when I first read it months ago. :blink: There is such a thing as American separatism? :o I thought that no American would ever want a break-up of the union.

Oh heavens yes. Hawaii and Alaska are ready to pack it in tomorrow.

R,