Kodak 500T Vision3

Hello everybody

I'm in the early stage of preproduction for a short film. After reading the book and talking to the director, in my opinion, S-16mm would be the right format.

I was playing with that thought, told it a few people and just received the offer for five rolls of Vision3 T500 and 5 rolls of Vision 3 D250 for free. Both still sitting in the original "Yellow Kodak Box"...

As I asked about "the storage conditions and how come" he told me that they received it due winning a festival seven years ago and since, it was sitting on the shelf… (No fridge - always room temperature)

What's your opinion and thoughts about the condition of the footage? Is it worth to consider it and rund a few exposure Tests, or what do you guy think about it?

I'm aware that we'd have to expose one or two higher... but still...

Thanks in advance

Philipp

• Premium Member

is it going to be "art house" type stuff with lots of grain/lower contrast preferred? as Kenny said you should clip test every roll. 7 years is a very long time to store a roll in room temperature, even in fridge and with slowest stocks you would see changes in emulsion.

If on shoot I usually store faster stocks max. couple of days in room temperature if cold storage is not possible. then you usually don't see much difference. but seven years, the output could be anything, especially in 16mm and that fast stocks.

"room temperature" may also be occasionally much higher than 20°C -25°C average. I'm a bit sceptic about the 500T but the 250D could maybe be usable when used carefully