Cinematography Reel

So it's been a long time coming for me. I finally got my reel edited. I'd love to hear some feed back. I'll be adding a few more things i shot that are still in post production but I want to keep its length at 3:30ish... Let me know what you think, I really appreciate it.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I think you defiantly have a clear style.

I would cut it down to 1:30-2:00.

Nice work so far!

Jeremy,

Thanks for your feed back. I'll cut it down some, I agree it's a bit long. I'm curious what you see as my style, I very much in the frame of mind of augmenting natural light. Delicately and deliberately or not at all. I study a ton of Gordon Willis, Conrad Hall, and Roger Deakins.

Cheers,

Davi Silveira

www.davi-silveira.com

• 2 months later...

Well done Davi!

There's a lot of very strong stuff here. But a little bit that's not so special. You know which shots I'm talking about I'm sure. Cut them out. We won't miss them and you'll leave a better impression. Just my gut reaction :)

Well done Davi!

There's a lot of very strong stuff here. But a little bit that's not so special. You know which shots I'm talking about I'm sure. Cut them out. We won't miss them and you'll leave a better impression. Just my gut reaction :)

Bruce!!

Wow, good to hear from you, It's been a long time! Thank you for the critique, I'll switch those clips out for sure. I have some better stuff I can replace them with as well. I always enjoyed reading your updates while you filmed in Russia! :) I never told you this but I learned a lot from you, even though we only briefly worked together on that short in LA with Vanessa.

Cheers,

Davi

• Upvote 1

• 10 months later...

Bruce!!

Wow, good to hear from you, It's been a long time! Thank you for the critique, I'll switch those clips out for sure. I have some better stuff I can replace them with as well. I always enjoyed reading your updates while you filmed in Russia! :) I never told you this but I learned a lot from you, even though we only briefly worked together on that short in LA with Vanessa.

Cheers,

Davi

Thanks Davi for the kind words. Just saw this now almost a year later :)