WATCH VIDEO HERE:

So not to long ago I attended a Black Tie Event to create an after movie. I used a 7D (normally 5D) and created this piece. Admittedly I was very strapped for time when editing, however I would really appreciate some feedback. Perhaps the weaknesses of my shots, what you guys would of done differently and how I can improve on in future videos. I am looking to do weddings and more black tie events in the future. T

Thank you.

This might just be a 'me' thing, but the focal length could've used a bit more variation from wide and super wide.

Aside from that the editing was nice. Was the jump at 37 seconds a seamless transition or just the footage sped up?

Looks good,

I feel like, at least initially, there were a lot of over exposed elements, but I know those DSLRs dont have the most amazing dynamic range unless you hack them and shoot RAW. I would certainly recommend a polarizing filter to help with the blown out skies and such in the future.

Lots of fun slow mo and hand held work, would have enjoyed some supported shots as well (a monopod with those DSLRs can go a long way).

The edit seemed fine to me, worked to tell the story of the evening and the event, looked like a lot of fun.