Nizo S800 question

John Woosley

I got a great deal on an S800, and was able to get the battery to work. When I test the shutter without film, it seems like it only advances one frame. Do I have one of the CR levers set wrong or is that normal if no film is in? Battery meter, zoom etc all seem to work.

Second question- probably obvious but can you switch a cart in the middle of it? Might try to evaluate some different cameras and not sure the effect of removing a cart before its finished and inserting in another camera.

Thanks.

Hm that generally seems to look right. The rule of thumb for Nizo's is red dot everything. So top dial (aperture) at the red dot for auto. Middle dial at red dot for normal shooting (otherwise it's timelapse) and then red dot for 18fps on the bottom left since 18fps was standard but obviously 24fps is fine. I'd made sure your filter dial is all the way to bulb or sun as currently it looks like it's in the middle.

Anyways... as far as your issues, as odd as it sounds, if I recall correctly, I think the solution I found for my Nizo 801 Macro that had a sticky shutter was to put it on single frame (the timelapse) and then continuously pull the trigger. Just keep shooting a bunch of single frames for several minutes without film in (doesn't need it in there) and then try to do a longer take on normal red dot setting and see if it lasts longer. It's something about rejuvenating the electronics. I don't know the science. But it fixed my 801 from only shooting single frames to being my main camera now without issues. Mine had been in a grandfather's attic for a while so it was definitely unused for a long time. Works great now thankfully!

Hopefully that helps. Try to google Nizo stuck shutter or trigger and you might be able to dig up the results I found before.