Krasnogorsk

Don Brown

Hi

Can anybody help, looking through my K-3 viewfinder I have a black shadow at the bottom of frame on checking it seems to be the mirror shutter is this normal with the K-3

Regards

Don

Hi

Can anybody help, looking through my K-3 viewfinder I have a black shadow at the bottom of frame on checking it seems to be the mirror shutter is this normal with the K-3

Regards

Don

Hi Don,

Did you clean the ground glass? It's a small piece of plastic, just behind and above the shutter. Remove the lens, it's easy to get to. Take a q-tip or lens cloth and clean with lens cleaner or rubbing alcohol. If you use a q-tip it may take a while to get all the little fibers off, but with a little patience it will come clean. Hope this does the trick. You can also clean the mirror shutter while you're in there, just be delicate with both mirrors and don't apply too much pressure while cleaning. Some shutters were not polished very well from the factory, not much you can do about that. I just performed all the above maintenance to my own K3 and all is clean and bright in the viewfinder. Good Luck. Let me know how it goes.

Greg

Hi Don,

Did you clean the ground glass?  It's a small piece of plastic, just behind and above the shutter.  Remove the lens, it's easy to get to.  Take a q-tip or lens cloth and clean with lens cleaner or rubbing alcohol.  If you use a q-tip it may take a while to get all the little fibers off, but with a little patience it will come clean. Hope this does the trick.  You can also clean the mirror shutter while you're in there, just be delicate with both mirrors and don't apply too much pressure while cleaning.  Some shutters were not polished very well from the factory, not much you can do about that.  I just performed all the above maintenance to my own K3 and all is clean and bright in the viewfinder.  Good Luck.  Let me know how it goes.

Greg

Hi Greg

I will give it a go and let you know how it went,

Regards

Don

Hi Greg

I will give it a go and let you know how it went,

Regards

Don

Hi Greg

Have found problem have stripped down front of camera asper www.k3camera.com and can see that the ground glass assy has a problem where the two 45 deg blocks must have seperated if you squeeze the two together it goes

so a new ground glass assy needed if I can get one.

Regards

Don