Lense for Beaulieu 2008

John Woosley

That lens would be quite usable, however, the minimum focal length of 12.5mm is the 'normal' lens length for the Super 8mm format. So, no wide angle. If you can get the Schneider Krueznach 6mm to 66mm lens, which was made for the BEAULIEU Super 8mm 4008ZM2, and would work fine in manual mode on the 2008S, you would be impressed. You'll then have a nice respectable wide angle of 6mm, sharp optics through out the zoom range, and a fantastic macro focusing capability as well. Second to this lens would be the later 6mm to 70mm version which came standard on the 4008ZM4 (and also a breech lock version for the 6008S/Pro and up models, and for the last 5008MS version). The 6mm to 66mm lens though, allows macro throughout the zoom range, whereas the later lens only has it at the wide angle end. The Angenieux 8mm to 64mm lens which was the costlier option for the 2008S model (over the Schneider 8mm - 48mm) is also a very sharp lens. Sometimes it's easier to just buy another camera working or not that has the lens on it to obtain the lens (then you have an extra body or spare parts camera if needed). These lenses were made to resolve the sharpest image possible on this tiny film frame. And while I have gotten many a sharp image out of other cameras and lenses, that 6mm - 66mm still rocks. - - - So, if I were to use that Cosmicar lens, I would also want a separate wide angle, and those in C-mount such as the fine Century lenses, can be quite expensive. Anyhow, something to think about. Good luck!