Utter destruction

Phil Rhodes

• Premium Member

To most purposes, the Independence Day sequel is a movie so staggeringly ill-conceived that one is left begging at the altar of improbability for an alien victory.

However, there was one scene that gave me a strange sense of satisfaction. You may safely imagine me leaping up and down and giggling like an excited child while this was happening.

Smash that wheel!

110906.jpg

30FC11EE00000578-3436606-image-m-29_1454

But let's face it, Hollywood has form, and long may it continue!

2015FantasticFour_SilverSurfer_LondonEye

tumblr_inline_o3et4rr2uc1tvm1vp_1280.jpg

tumblr_inline_o3ett6m7Sx1tvm1vp_1280.jpg

• Premium Member

To most purposes, the Independence Day sequel is a movie so staggeringly ill-conceived that one is left begging at the altar of improbability for an alien victory.

However, there was one scene that gave me a strange sense of satisfaction. You may safely imagine me leaping up and down and giggling like an excited child while this was happening.

Smash that wheel!

110906.jpg

I have only been in London once but shouldn't the Shard and the "Killer Walkie Talkie" + other skyscrapers be in the background in this shot if it would be accurate?

Or are they Trade Marked and they only could afford the London Eye and Big Ben? :lol:

It would be one of those generic tall ones in the far background.. close to Tower Bridge.. near the Girkin.. your right though on a clear day you would see it more distinctly .. a convenient and very rare sun set in the East.. ! or Nuke explosion .. !

Edited by Robin R Probyn

• Premium Member

In theory, this is an alternate future at after the 1996 movie in which London was obliterated by a giant alien flying saucer (yaaaaay!)

It seems legitimate for there to be some differences in the architecture. In fact, the big surprise is that they seem to have rebuilt so many historic landmarks so quickly. Would it have really been a priority to build a giant fairground ride on the south bank of the Thames four years after almost total global destruction?

Oh well, I guess our risible excuse for a government has made decisions that bad in the past. Yesterday, for instance. Last week, too. Especially between Monday and Friday. But on the weekends, as well.

Gah.