Wireless Focus Controls

My only question would be what happens when you are not working with an Alexa? That's why I like the Preston. It works with all systems.

G

If the camera doesn't have built-in motor controller (like Alexa Plus, Alexa Mini), you have to put one of ARRI's universal motor controllers on the camera - same as the motor driver required with Preston.

If the camera doesn't have built-in motor controller (like Alexa Plus, Alexa Mini), you have to put one of ARRI's universal motor controllers on the camera - same as the motor driver required with Preston.

I've had lots of issues with Arri WCU units- going back several generations back to the older "chocolate bar" style batteries. They seem prone to interference and seem to lose signal at distances much closer than the Preston. Yet, European ACs swear by them! I've heard that it's because the frequencies that they operate on in Europe are not allowed for it to operate on in the US, or something of similar to that nature... Does anyone know if there is any truth to this?

• Premium Member

My only question would be what happens when you are not working with an Alexa? That's why I like the Preston. It works with all systems.

G

Sorry Greg! I never saw your answer!

Bertil answered it tho :).

As of lately I have been having some issues with the WCU4 and Arri Alexas so I'm not as enthusiast as I was before about the system; we even had to change the handset on one of the commercials I was working on because the handset didn't work properly.

Said that, I've never experienced issues with Prestons so I think that I will be going back to Preston for the next jobs.

Have a good day! :)

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...