Color temperature meter

Kugan S Palani

• Premium Member

Just picked up the C700 myself, and although it's a complex beast (and I still have a lot to learn about it), it's a terrific tool for dealing with the horrors of modern discontinuous-spectrum architectural lighting (and matching different movie lights to each other).

Kugan,

If you search my blog you'll find a full review of the C-700. We just used it again on a review video for the Hive Wasp 1k light (see topics below for video link). It works great. They also have a C-7000 now if you want to go for the full blown uber-nerd model.

Stuart

---------------------------

illuma.blogspot.com

• Premium Member

Certainly if they can update the firmware to give us TLCI readings, that'll be a HUGE improvement. The UI is unfortunately another normal Sekonic headshaker... they make good kit, but the interfaces they give these things just boggle any sense of intuitive operation.

The data is very useful though, so I'm glad to have mine - I just hope/pray that firmware updates, and some user consultation can make the thing a little more useful for us mere mortals using these things.

When I spoke with the Sekonic manager he said that TLCI is still changing and being tweaked, so it didn't make sense to support it yet. TLCI isn't a "standard". It's still an attempt to provide better color rendering information, but the industry has prematurely jumped on the bandwagon.

The UI does have a slight learning curve, but I found that there's only a few things I actually use. It's not very difficult to figure those out.

Stuart Allman

---------------------------

illuma.blogspot.com