Hi there! This is my first topic in this beautiful forum, so hello everyone :)

I want to know what do you think about the Angénieux 15-150 because on the internet there's so little information and no footage. So if you have footage, you're welcome to share. Someone offers me Angénieux 12-120 and Angénieux 15-150 for 100 euro each one, so I want to know if that's a good deal for the Blackmagic Pocket too (I would use them just with the blackmagic)

Greetings!

Personally i'd get them both for that price vignetting or not.

Nice man, yes, the 12-120 has some footage on the internet, would get it with the other one for what reason? image quality, fast zoom?

Going off that footage posted, if you actually get that result and the glass isn't damaged in some glaring way, 100 euro is a steal.

Yeah? So I think I will absolute buy the 15-150 or maybe both, let's see if someone has one of them (specially the 15-150) and talks a bit about it :)

I used 12-120 a lot years ago. Had a 15-150 for a short tme. Never used it but it was noticably sharper in the viewfinder. The guy who used it thought it was sharp, and maybe i have read it to.

Ouh thanks! So, that 15-150 has to be gold so, because 12-120 is quite sharp :) Thanks for your comment!

• Premium Member

I used the 12-120 when I was in college and it was fine to work with. Having used a number of prime lenses since then, I find the 12-120 a bit soft. But as anyone else will tell you, it's really a matter of what looks good to you.

I used the 12-120 when I was in college and it was fine to work with. Having used a number of prime lenses since then, I find the 12-120 a bit soft. But as anyone else will tell you, it's really a matter of what looks good to you.

Nice, thanks! I was interested in switar primers as well (10mm, 25mm...) they are more or less the same sharpness right? You're talking about cine primes like cooke ones and that stuf?

• Premium Member

You're talking about cine primes like cooke ones and that stuf?

Yes - I have vintage Zeiss primes (16mm, 32mm, 50mm) and one Cooke 9mm for my Arri-S. All are in great shape for vintage lenses, but they are still much softer than the newer glass that's out there.

Yes - I have vintage Zeiss primes (16mm, 32mm, 50mm) and one Cooke 9mm for my Arri-S. All are in great shape for vintage lenses, but they are still much softer than the newer glass that's out there.

Nice man, I don't like the sharpness of modern lenses, doesn't look like cinema for me.