I CANT DECIDE!!!

thetony

Hello,

Eric, I'm glad you like the stills, you can check-out my demo reel at www.fnvfilms.com,

Be aware that if you have a laptop computer the website may have problems (technical issues that I am trying to get straightened out ASAP) but from a desktop it should be fine.

Cheers.

Hello,

Jay, thanks, I'm glad you like my site, the shot you are reffering to is actually from a feature called "Counterclockwork" which is about a bunch of guys who go out on Halloween night dressed as the drooges from clockwork orange. That shot was also shot on the XL2 with no color correction in post(all in-camera, menus and white balance).

Cheers.

Edited by Tomas Haas

Guest Don Lippman

If price does not matter, I urge you to wait a few days. I just found out that Canon is launching a new pro-consumer video camera (XL-3?) I am guessing.

I personally have used both the DVX, and the XL-2. If I were to make a decision today I would get the DVX. I like the warm looks, and the screen image is better than some studio monitos I have used.

the 24fps feature is frame accurate and the lense is perfect

Guest jeremy edge
If price does not matter, I urge you to wait a few days. I just found out that Canon is launching a new pro-consumer video camera (XL-3?) I am guessing.

I personally have used both the DVX, and the XL-2. If I were to make a decision today I would get the DVX. I like the warm looks, and the screen image is better than some studio monitos I have used.

the 24fps feature is frame accurate and the lense is perfect

You can get the "warm" look on the xl2 by plaing around with the settings for awhile.the dvx looks warmer "out of the box" from what I've heard.

If you're shooting 16:9 and are going to display your content on widescreen tvs on dvd.....the answer is unquestionably the xl2.You will need the resolution.

The fact the xl2 can sit on your shoulder means it will be easier to get steady handheld shots.

Tip: shooting with a little smoke gives you more of a "film" look.

It worked great on our last shoot.

Hello,

Hey Jay, unfortunately the website for the film is not up yet, so no clips right now, and I only have the three stills I already posted but if you go to my website (www.fnvfilms.com) and watch my Reel there are quite a few shots from 'counterclockwork' in the Mini-DV section of my reel.

Thanks for your interest and feedback.

Tomas.

Guest jeremy edge

http://www.extremesoundonline.com/bslframe...epullsindex.htm

check out some of our xl2 frames

http://www.extremesoundonline.com/video/bsl/newintro.wmv

Check out this quick edited sequence.in this sequence only the drummer is in 16mm ,the rest is xl2 footage.

Very close to fatcory settings w/ 1/60 shutter,cinelook off

no color correction.

Hello,

Jay, thanks, I'm glad you like my site, the shot you are reffering to is actually from a feature called "Counterclockwork" which is about a bunch of guys who go out on Halloween night dressed as the drooges from clockwork orange. That shot was also shot on the XL2 with no color correction in post(all in-camera, menus and white balance).

Cheers.

Tomas, just checked out the demo reel. You have a great eye. I think this well demonstrates the capabilities of the XL2 in the hands of a talented artist. Cheers.

Guest jeremy edge

I just watched it. His reel is awesome!

The clip I posted, like I said was no color correction and literally factory settings ,except for the shutter speed which we matched to the 16mm at 1/60.

So its a good representation of what you get with the camera "out of the box"

• 3 weeks later...