What mattebox/flag is this? Looking for most lightweight flag possible.

I am looking for a super lightweight and lowprofile flag, I suspect this one might just be something custom/diy but I'm not sure:

http://variety.com/2015/artisans/production/the-revenant-cinematography-emmanuel-lubezki-1201661435/

emmanuel-lubezki-the-revenant-cinematogr

Emmanuel is a good search topic for this kind of thing because he loves the lightest possible rig for his handheld.

Here is another one with a funny sort of lens hood:

LR-Emmanuel-Lubezki-on-the-set-of-Birdma

Does anyone know what kind of material a hood like this would be made from? I imagine you could just velcro something straight onto the lens.

Cheers!

I am looking for a super lightweight and lowprofile flag, I suspect this one might just be something custom/diy but I'm not sure:

http://variety.com/2015/artisans/production/the-revenant-cinematography-emmanuel-lubezki-1201661435/

emmanuel-lubezki-the-revenant-cinematogr

Emmanuel is a good search topic for this kind of thing because he loves the lightest possible rig for his handheld.

Here is another one with a funny sort of lens hood:

LR-Emmanuel-Lubezki-on-the-set-of-Birdma

Does anyone know what kind of material a hood like this would be made from? I imagine you could just velcro something straight onto the lens.

Cheers!

The bottom one looks like a black wrap (sturdy black tin foil used for cutting lights mostly) DIY job to me .. the top one looks like a made one.. in my experience with light weight Mattbox and french flags for doc shoots.. the flag comes with the actual mattbox,or as an option.. not really a mix and match type thing.. as the attachment screws/mechanism dont ever see to be a standard width.. the smallest and light weight that I have used is Bright Tangerine.. carbon fibre .. www.brighttangerine.com.. of course its a bit like a light weight tripod.. too small and its of little use anyway.. and you might as well just throw on some black wrap..

Edited by Robin R Probyn