Financing a New Camera

I'll wait to hear from the guys at Sony repair in Teaneck NJ. They seemed keen on the idea. If they can't make it happen then I will have to use a rod mounted support for lenses. Not a huge deal. Would have been nice. But yeah, Sony in general is probably not in that frame of mind. Off the assembly line and straight to the trash is the overwhelming mentality of large corporations.

I'll wait to hear from the guys at Sony repair in Teaneck NJ. They seemed keen on the idea. If they can't make it happen then I will have to use a rod mounted support for lenses. Not a huge deal. Would have been nice. But yeah, Sony in general is probably not in that frame of mind. Off the assembly line and straight to the trash is the overwhelming mentality of large corporations.

Unless Sony are out right lying..(it has happened..F5,cant ever shoot 4K.. cough..).. the new lens mount is part of a new camera frame.. they even showed a stills of it.. yes I think it was the newshooter video.. and it really cant be an "up grade" for existing Fs71,s this and the VF rig is really something that they should have done in the first place.. but ..there you go.. and outside of the US.. it will be abut $3,000 more than the original model.. but in the US for only $1,500 more.. I cant see anyone buying a Mark 1 fs7..

My experience on my horrible financing experience. Cut and pasted from another forum. 0% 12 month credit cards are better than lender financing IMO.

Warning on Financing if you live in Los Angeles

When I got my FS7, I did the 0% 12 month promotion through Sony who uses DeLage Landen as the finance company. I bought it locally through Samy's Camera.

DeLage Landen reported my financing to the Los Angeles Business Office who then hit me with a "Unsecured Business Tax" which is total B.S. because I already paid sales tax on it. So now, the city of Los Angeles wants $130 "tax" a year for the duration of my FS7 ownership. Huge extortion on the part of the city since sales tax was already paid.

For my Scarlet-W, I got a 0% for 12 months credit card to avoid the hassle of dealing with Los Angeles.

How is that justified? What laws are being invoked here?

P

I have no idea. I asked my accountant about it and he says that it's legal for LA to do that and he was hit by the same "unsecured property tax" for some office equipment he bought. Total BS as it's double taxation. Moral of the story, avoid financing and get the 0% credit card.

Probably going to sell that camera soon anyways.