E100d in Super-8 cartridges, eBay NOS

Andries Molenaar

Well, this price hike on discontinued films has happened before. Now, EKTACHROME 100D is getting rare. IF and WHEN Ferrania being film production, prices will be in a more realistic range. And IF they are successful in producing color reversal filmstock, few would consider paying Euro 89 per EK100D film. AND, notice he stated that it's NOT even stored Frozen as it should be....just at 18C. Unless stored FROZEN, the film will continue to rippen and age normally. I have films that have been stored frozen since they were new, over 30 years now, and still yield good color. I wouldn't buy film at that price or anywhere near it for stuff that hasn't been stored frozen all this time. Even in a refridgerator would be colder than 18C!

About the print Vision3: any of you use the positive print for edit the film? Or all use the negative?

I've edited a negative for the first time last month (wet splicing), and now I'm waiting for Andec's polyester print.

Lots of anticipation!

Well, this price hike on discontinued films has happened before. Now, EKTACHROME 100D is getting rare. IF and WHEN Ferrania being film production, prices will be in a more realistic range. And IF they are successful in producing color reversal filmstock, few would consider paying Euro 89 per EK100D film. AND, notice he stated that it's NOT even stored Frozen as it should be....just at 18C. Unless stored FROZEN, the film will continue to rippen and age normally. I have films that have been stored frozen since they were new, over 30 years now, and still yield good color. I wouldn't buy film at that price or anywhere near it for stuff that hasn't been stored frozen all this time. Even in a refridgerator would be colder than 18C!

To be fair it does actually say minus 18C. Though it says chilled rather than frozen which is odd. Still, €100 plus with postage is absurd.

I found two Ektachrome 100D 16mm reels in the fridge! Have to wait until summer to find something worthy to shoot.

This is the guy to get invited to dinner by. Might be some Beluga and truffles kicking around at the back somewhere, behind the '47.

Even the Vision3 500T may develop directly in reversal, projectable, without the need of print?

Sorry, I written badly, so it seems that the film like this already exists.

I wanted to say: it could be created a Vision3 reversible film even with high sensitivity, as 500 Asa? Existed a reversible color film, Kodak or not, like 500 Asa or more?
Edited by Luigi Castellitto

Sorry, wasn't 100% sure that the eBay ad meant to be a minus symbol. Looking at the ad again, it would seem so, so my mistake. Even so, it's a high price, but, IF the film was truly deep frozen so it will be perfect in color, I would be willing to pay that much IF I had to. Again, let's hope FERRANIA pull through and come out with their filmstock. KODAK higher ups said earlier this year that they would be willing to make most any filmstock that they had the formula for (their own films of course), but the minimum order to startup is cost prohibitive. Maybe we could interest Donald Trump or some other wealthy person to throw some supportive money to assist in getting Color Reversal filmstock made. What we need are weathly hobbyists; they exist in other passions, why not film?

Maybe we could interest Donald Trump or some other wealthy person to throw some supportive money to assist in getting Color Reversal filmstock made. What we need are weathly hobbyists; they exist in other passions, why not film?

Or his pals Vladimir and Nigel maybe. But I don't think rich politicians ever show much interest in film, let alone chemical film, unless they are in front of the camera. Just imagine, Donald's hair in Imax :lol:

By the way, I forgot to say that Fuji Provia 100F in super-8 and single-8 is cheaper... and it seems it will be even cheaper next 2017 ;)

http://mimundoensuper-8.blogspot.com.es/2016/11/exclusiva-nueva-reperforadora-de.html

Use Google Translator and be amazed by the news...

Nothing is cheap what comes from Retro-8. Also communications are very poor. I.e. not answering or only after some 6 times repeat.

By the way, I forgot to say that Fuji Provia 100F in super-8 and single-8 is cheaper... and it seems it will be even cheaper next 2017 ;)

http://mimundoensuper-8.blogspot.com.es/2016/11/exclusiva-nueva-reperforadora-de.html

Use Google Translator and be amazed by the news...

Very good news. I had already tried the Provia, in Single 8, very well. Having the film Super 8 and Single 8 consistently is a good thing.