Stuck Leicina M-Mount Macro Cinegon

Gabe Agoado

Hello,

I have an M mount 10mm Cinegon lens I bought off Ebay that's been attached to some kind of leica adapter for a projector (?). I don't know how to remove it, there doesn't seem to be a release button. Anyone got any ideas?

Isn't it a microscope tube? There should be some sort of release button on what is on a camera the right/starboard side. Check on the inside of the tube

It there is nothing then things are difficlt, possibly there is no lock meaning you could take it off just like that. Or it is stuck and you would have to demolish the tube.

Hello, thanks for replying. I think you are right, that it is for a prado microscope as opposed to a projector, however it is set in a black ring that attaches to the adapter and there aren't any release pins.

post-68422-0-88999300-1480083671_thumb.jpg

post-68422-0-99971600-1480083677_thumb.jpg

post-68422-0-77126400-1480083683_thumb.jpg

post-68422-0-98427900-1480083688_thumb.jpg

Edited by Gabe Agoado

This M-mount

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Leicina-Special-Macro-Cinegon-1-8-10mm-Leica-M-mount-lens-2526203-/400672851136

has a small tab to release it. Are you sure there's nothing similar? There seems to be a slot in the metal ring under the red dot- is there something there you can release with a jeweller's screwdriver or something?

• Upvote 1

The slot is definitely the same one that fits onto the push-tab on the camera. I tried a 1.5mm screwdriver and a thin strip of metal but I couldn't get the what I thought was the locking pin to push down. I think this is something the guys at DuAll will be able to do, I just hope they aren't going to charge me an arm and a leg.

Perhaps this is why it was on ebay, presumably at a good price!

I've looked at a Nikon mount, there is a pin attached to a sprung tab. If the pin is still there, and presumably it is because that's what is holding the lens in, the protruding end of the tab must have snapped off.

Perhaps there is a way in through the back of the black ring. That may unscrew from the fitting with pin pliers- there would be two opposing holes in it.

• Upvote 1

Hello,

I have an M mount 10mm Cinegon lens I bought off Ebay that's been attached to some kind of leica adapter for a projector (?). I don't know how to remove it, there doesn't seem to be a release button. Anyone got any ideas?

Hello its bested if you take it to a lens repair man as also you may find the cinegon lens may need to be looked at because there are prone to becoming loose / there are now over 30 years old .

• Upvote 1

Hey, thanks for the reply. You're right, I kind of figured that would be best so I am bringing in the lens to the service techs tomorrow. I did also notice the aperture ring has a too much play in it so I will ask them about that also.

Gabe its really worth it , a very nice lens and very sharp , When I had my one fixed cost around 100 euros some years back .

Comparing the photos with my own Cinegon with M-bayonet I seem to fail to spot the flanges or the aperture setting notch of the M-bayonet. I looks very much like a cinegon but maybe it is a special edition for lab-applications? See what a proper technician makes of it and if he can remove it from the holder.

• 2 weeks later...