Blackmagic Cintel vs. Golden Eye II for S16mm Scanning?

Mark Kenfield

Thanks Mark. I had come across that Cameraequip page before, but it gave so little info beyond a link to the manufacturer's homepage that I wasn't even sure they were offering to scan others' films, or if the device was simply for rent.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys,

This was a really useful forum. I am shooting a S16 short, planning for about 8,000' of film. We are getting it scanned at 2K on a Goldeneye II. I plan to receive ProRes4444 files for editorial. I have not scanned film before - I know I will receive log video files, but what is the best way to remap back to 709? I see a LUT in DaVinci for "Cineon to 709" - would this be what I'm looking for? I have a lot of experience creating my own LUTs for different camera manufacturer's log, but I really want to stay true to the 'film' color and contrast that we get from celluloid and at least start with a LUT that will get me as close as possible to the image as though it were projected from a print.

I am planning to do a test next week, but I wanted to get as much information as possible. Any info you guys can provide would be great!

Thanks!

Marc

• 3 years later...