Arriflex 16BL.....Help!

Mark Day

Hey guys, I have a16BL and I need to connect power up to it for test purposes. I have none of the power cables. I need to find out which pins supply the power to the motor. Does anyone know where I can get a wiring diagram for one of these? I have looked and looked 'til I'm magenta in the face. I have several 'user' and 'owner manuals', but no repair information. If everything is copacetic with this camera, I'm selling my 16S.

Thanks!

• Premium Member

It's the camera I know least about, but I do have some old notes on the 16BL written by a technician I trained under years ago.

According to those notes the power socket could be 9 pin Amphenol, 7 pin Cannon or 4 pin XLR.

If it's an 9 pin Amphenol, pins A and J are wired to positive 12V, pin B is negative, pins C ,F and K are bridged.

If it's a 7 pin Cannon, pin 1 is negative, pin 4 positive 12V, and pins 3 and 6 are bridged.

A 4 pin XLR is pin 1 neg, pin 4 pos.

I have complete wiring diagram in German and rather difficult for someone that is not engineer to extract what you want from it. I can photo it for you but it is large like 48 X 24 inches. If you just want a cord for bl I am certain I can find one in my garage somewhere,

Wow man, if you have a cord, I am definitely interested!

It's the camera I know least about, but I do have some old notes on the 16BL written by a technician I trained under years ago.

According to those notes the power socket could be 9 pin Amphenol, 7 pin Cannon or 4 pin XLR.

If it's an 9 pin Amphenol, pins A and J are wired to positive 12V, pin B is negative, pins C ,F and K are bridged.

If it's a 7 pin Cannon, pin 1 is negative, pin 4 positive 12V, and pins 3 and 6 are bridged.

A 4 pin XLR is pin 1 neg, pin 4 pos.

Thanks. It's the 9 pin Amphenol. So I wire pins A and J with Pos. and B is Neg?

Isn't it standard 4-pin XLR?

9 Pin Amphenol.