Tungsten to Fluorescent gel

Hello,

Looking to buy the right gel for balancing my tungsten Blondies to match the color temperature of my daylight balanced fluorescent panels.

At first I thought I'd just gel the Blondies with a full CTB, but then I saw the 241 "Fluorescent 5700K" gel. It looks more teal than blue, I'm guessing they added a little bit of green to compensate for the green in the fluorescents.

I'm a beginner with using flo-lights, so my questions is - would I be better of with the 241 on the Blondies OR doing the full CTB on the Blondies in addition to adding a minus green to my flo-lights?

I mean, I wouldn't want that extra green in the flo-lights anyway, right?

For the second option, any experience on how strong a minus green I'd need?

And also, for those of you regularly using fluorescent panels without any other type of lights involved, do you always add a minus green (and in what strength) as a rule of thumb?

For the record: I'm not on an original Kinoflo kit, but the cheaper competitor "Flo-lights".

Thank you and have a good weekend!

• Premium Member

Since fluorescent tubes are all over the map in color, even daylight ones, it's hard to have a one-size-fits-all solution for gelling, it just depends on what is more efficient for the set-up. In theory, yes, I'd correct the tungsten to regular daylight and correct the fluorescents to match, but that may not be practical in all situations.