royalty free music suggestions

Guest Trevor Swaim

or you could try writing your own, or haveing a friend write some. programs such as soundtrack and garageband are capable of produceing great sounds.

hi there-

get the cheap version (or free one , if they still have it) of ACID- and a pile of free loops at acidplanet. Even if you're musically retarded (like me), you can create better music than most stock libraries. Plus you can time peices out exactly, and it's just fun to mess with. :)

And consider finding a musician to make you some loops. If you're anywhere near a city, the local warehouse district is knee-deep in musicians looking for a break, a lead, some publicity, or just a good contact. Look 'em up.

Thanks everyone. I'm not musically retarded, but I'm a one-lady show (write, shoot, edit). It's nice to just use some existing music sometimes, though I've thought about using the program soundtrack. Since I'm in-between projects, I think I'll give it a whirl.

I've actually had really bad luck with asking local musicians to write stuff for me. Everyone's always excited in the beginning, but when it comes time to deliver things fall through. Maybe it's because I'm married :lol:

salute!

There would be a ton of musicians willing to write some music for you for the experience - even if they are just using garage band. At least it could hit the beats of your film possibly better than canned music. A little post almost anywhere (Backstage West, tribe.net) would result in a lot of responses - especially since they don't necessarily have to live close by.

• 4 years later...